Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Continued...

So once the famous last words of, "I really have to go", were said for that particular hour, what were a couple of kids expected to do?   Oh there was plenty and not all great.  The blood oozing from my foot from a nail found in my bare toes, as well as an injured head when my cousin swung a rake around are just a couple of incidents that stand out.  Yes, it was my injured head, too.   Disclaimer #1: My parents nor any other adult caretakers did not support these actions.  What they didn't know, hurt us physically in warm colored red.  Disclaimer #2:  Never swing sharp objects around, i.e(metal garden hoe) especially when the body  to rake height ratio is drastically unequal.  Most amusing is that we all were playing nicely and it still ended in some tears.  It certainly didn't stop us in our exploring.  There was a large house to clean out, another family's memories, lots of construction materials...oh did I mentions LOTS of construction materials and best of all paint brushes and a gazzilion of gallons of paint.  Nothing else was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment