Saturday, November 6, 2010

There was some non-work fun

There had to be a happy medium while rebuilding a house into a hotel over the course of a couple years, especially when young children are involved; my brother and I respectively.  Once they decided that it was quitting time each evening, it became family time. One of my favorite places at that point was the miniature golf center at the top of Jackson and Beach Drive.  I was no prodigy and that clown mouth haunts me to this day.  I should also finally apologize in print for any head injuries I may have caused to  vacationing shoobies passing by.  See, my motor planning and depth/visual perception was pretty bad but man could I knock a golfball out of the fence...over, and over, and over again.  The only prize for those on the street that caught the ball in midflight was escaping physical harm.  Good eye.  But my patient parents and brother now laugh to tears when reminiscing about it.  I'll give him this now. my brother was pretty good, but even he had battles with that sinister clown.  10 strokes over par, its time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment